Eco Friendly and Sustainable gifts for her any time of year
The eco friendly trend is really hot right now which means that it is much easier to find a special gift for that earth loving gal on your list. These gifts don’t have to be boring or expensive, matter of fact, they are some of the most unique gifts you may find! If you need a gift for the eco friendly, conscious shopping woman in your life, don’t pass by this list of sustainable gifts for her.
Over the years, I have been doing my best to reduce my impact on this earth. Getting gifts is always a sore spot for me though as most people either don’t know how to choose more earth conscious gifts or they don’t care to buy them. That is partly why this post is important! Us earth lovers need to help out the not so much shoppers!
Why buy sustainable gifts for her?
No matter where you fall on the eco conscious gradient, we can all agree that we need to take better care of our earth so that it is in good condition for our own offspring. Making seemingly small changes can make a big environmental impact including reducing plastic waste, choosing to buy second hand instead of new, choosing natural fibers for your clothes, and so many more.
If you have an eco friendly gal on your gift list this year for any reason, buying her a green gift will be sure to make her day.
Gifts for women who are eco friendly
- Green is in, especially in the home! I love these upcycled wine bottles turned into herb gardens. If she is a wine lover, these are the perfect gift for her.
- Journals and notebooks are one of those super easy and fun gifts to give. Earth Hero has a small selection of eco friendly, recycled paper journals that are sure to please!
- Perhaps the person that you are buying a gift for is just starting on their sustainable journey. This gift box from Earth Hero is full of essential waste free items. This is a super fun gift!
Handmade gifts for her
- I love these leather fringe earrings, and they are made from recycled leather.
- This shop on Etsy, Sun Arts and Crafts, not only uses recycled/upcycled saris to make their items, but they also help get women out of trafficking. I love this so much!
- Who says old stuff can’t be fun and fashionable? What about a fork though? This bangle made from a fork is super unique and of course, eco friendly for sure!
- Grandma Lindas House on Etsy has a wonderful selection of upcycled wool sweater mittens. She even lines them with fleece…makes me warm just thinking about it!
Where to buy sustainable gifts for her
Patagonia is one of the forerunners in the eco and sustainable fashion genre. They offer items made from organic cotton, recycled polyester, and fair trade items. They have a used products shop too where they take back your old Patagonia, fix it if need be, and then pass it on. How awesome, right?!
Pact is another brand that focuses on fair trade and organic cotton products. All of their products are simple, but this is how they keep their prices so low. This is one of my favorite clothing brands for sure! I wear it all of the time!
If you have read any other post of mine about ethical fashion, you know that I love Sseko. Their use of fair trade practices has my heart, but their leather products are beautiful and definitely worth the buy.
Earth Hero is another site that carries a lot of different brands so it can be a one stop shop for all of your green gifts this year!
And of course, Etsy! Etsy is a marketplace full of handmade goods including eco friendly, recycled, new, or pretty much anything between.
If you have an eco friendly person on your gift list, shopping for sustainable gifts for her won’t be too challenging (and actually may make you want some of the items too). There are so many things out there from eco friendly, sustainable, handmade or recycled that you won’t have to search long. I hope this list helps you find some great green gifts! And if you need to get some eco friendly gifts for him this year, be sure to check out my other post for some fabulous finds!
Do you have an eco friendly guy on your gift list this year? Check out my post on eco friendly gifts for him for some awesome gift ideas!