Working mom morning routine checklist (and tips!)
Juggling the kids, the household responsibilities and the work schedule is hard enough, but then trying to work in any time for yourself in the morning can feel nothing short of impossible. A working mom needs a morning routine more than anyone! I have been there mama and want to help you change that. Read on to get tips and a working mom morning routine checklist to print out!
For the first 4 years of Little Misters life I was juggling long work hours as a nurse, a home, and a husband that was on duty for the military. Life was not easy to say the least. I did just about anything to get into a better routine. Finally, I discovered Crystal Paine’s Make Over Your Mornings, and it massively changed my life and my home.
Why is a morning routine so important?
Do you ever wake up in the morning and just desire quiet and hot coffee, or maybe you really just want to get out of the house earlier. Whatever that thing is that really sets you off in the morning, it needs to change. If you start your day off with a good attitude and a productive morning, you are very likely to walk into the challenges of the day with your head held high and able to handle (just about) anything!
When you create a morning routine that gives you this good attitude consistently every day, you can accomplish so much. I loved how in the Make Over Your Mornings course Crystal walked me through finding out what I TRULY needed and desired each day so that I could schedule it in. When I am doing my morning routine like I should, I am on top of the world. And when I am not, well, I can tell. We get out of the house late, I am irritable, I don’t get hot coffee, I don’t “fill my own cup” before I have to start pouring into others.
Create a morning routine in 8 steps
Mama, if you are feeling like your own schedule could use a makeover, then you are in the right place. Lets walk through how to create a morning routine that works for you and for everyone in your home. To get the most out of your mornings through pursuing your passions and goals, I highly recommend that you check out Make Over Your Mornings. It is a super affordable course and you will get so much out of it.
Working through the working mom morning routine checklist
When looking at creating a working mom morning routine, you need to reverse engineer this.
- On the checklist, write down every single step that you have to take in the am. Do you need to start a load of laundry, empty the dishwasher, get dressed, do hair and makeup, get the kids dressed, the list goes on.
- Now, beside each item, write approximately how long it takes you to perform the task. Add up all of the minutes and place that number below.
- At the top of the page, write in what time you have to leave the house in the morning in order to be where you need to be at the desired (not latest possible) time. If your kids leave before you on either a bus or carpool, then write down what time they leave in the am.
- Since you now have 2 numbers, take the number of minutes that it will take you to get ready and subtract that from the time you need to leave. This is your wake up time. Put this on your checklist.
- Here is the kicker, give yourself a few minutes leeway each day. 10-15 minutes is fine unless you want to pursue some goal that you have found that you really want to pursue. Don’t have a goal yet? I didn’t either until I took Make Over Your Mornings and then not only did I set a goal, but I used that time to really hone in on my new path in life. When I say it was life changing, I am not exaggerating!
- Now post this schedule where you and other members of your family can see it. Your bathroom mirror, the fridge, the front door are all very visible places. Make a copy if you need it in more than one place!
Working mom morning routine checklist template
This working mom morning routine checklist template is meant to give you margin in your morning and bring life to what could be a draining schedule. You definitely want to grab this, mama. Sign up for my email list and I will send it right to you!
P.S. Check out the working moms daily schedule printable while you are at it!